Monday, April 10, 2017

Ron Coder: Serving the Next Generation



Ron Coder, Jeffrey Rose Morales,
and Brian Smilowitz
Ron Coder is proud of his service in the Air Force. He served his country for 23 years and four days and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel. During World War II, he piloted KC-97s and KC-135s to perform mid-flight refueling for B-52s and B-47s. “My wife, Hope, was right by my side as we traveled the country during my years of service,” said Ron.

Ron administers the Oath of Enlistment
On February 28, Ron was asked to once again serve his country. Brian Smilowitz, longtime family friend- and son of Village resident Anne Smilowitz, is an Air Force Reserve Recruiter whose area includes Bellefonte and State College. Brian asked Ron if he would administer the oath of enlistment to a local enlistee, Jeffrey Morales Rosa. 

“It’s very important to me and every officer who is proud of his service to provide the oath of enlistment to a young man who wants to join the same service,” said Ron. “It was an honor for me to do that. “


Jeffrey and Ron shake hands
The Oath of Enlistment:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."


No comments:

Post a Comment